The Diabetes Australia website is at https://www.diabetesaustralia.com.au
Diabetes is the epidemic of the 21st century and the biggest challenge confronting Australia’s health system.
Facts about diabetes
- 280 Australians develop diabetes every day. That’s one person every five minutes
- Around 1.7 million Australians have diabetes. This includes all types of diagnosed diabetes (1.2 million known and registered) as well as silent, undiagnosed type 2 diabetes (up to 500,000 estimated)
- More than 100,000 Australians have developed diabetes in the past year
- For every person diagnosed with diabetes there is usually a family member or carer who also ‘lives with diabetes’ every day in a support role. This means that an estimated 2.4 million Australians are affected by diabetes every day
- Total annual cost impact of diabetes in Australia estimated at $14.6 billion.
https://diabetesnsw.com.au The NSW site has links to all the fact sheets from diabetes Australia and has an extensive recipes section with foods suitable for people living with diabetes.